Monday, August 6, 2012

Scale and Proportion

To show an example of Scale and Proportion I did a painting by Ide Applebroog. The painting is called “Chronic Hollow” I chose this painting because it represents a clear balance. There are two proportional points I saw; which I labeled with the arrows.  The first arrow is facing vertically because I saw the balance of the picture from top to bottom. The next arrow is placed horizontally to show the proportion from one end to the other. Applebroog’s use of balance is very interesting; considering the complexity of the images. In one image I see a diamond who was immediately my focal point when I viewed this painting. On the side of the demon are two people struggling not to fall to what appears to be an underworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment